Paying for Care
Sanford Hospice Luverne is a Medicare Certified program. Hospice care is a paid benefit under Medicare, Medical Assistance, Minnesota Care and most health insurance companies.
Room and board costs of The Cottage are the responsibility of the patient/family. Hospice works with each patient and family to identify means to pay for services. Hospice care is provided, regardless of ability to pay.
Hospice Medicare Benefit
- Physician services
- Nursing care
- Medical equipment
- Medications related to the terminal illness
- Short-term inpatient care
- Respite care
- Home health aide and homemaker services
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Social Services
- Dietary and other counseling
The Cottage is open to persons who meet the hospice admission criteria. For further information regarding admission criteria, room and board costs, and availability, please call (507) 283-1805.