Massage TherapyTherapeutic massage services improve the way you feel!
Sanford Hospital Luverne massage therapists offer a variety of massage therapy techniques, used independently or in combination, to relieve aching muscles. Your therapist will perform a personal consultation prior to your massage to design a massage that meets your needs.
Our massage therapists specialize in the following areas:
- Prenatal and infant massage
- Swedish massage
- Sports massage
- Esalon techniques for relaxation
- Deep tissue massage
- Hot stone massage
Benefits of massage:
- Lowers blood pressure
- Increases circulation
- Improves the flow of lymph through the lymphatic vessels
- Relaxes muscle tension and relieves spasms
- Aids in improving range of motion
- Promotes general relaxation
- Relieves stress
- Raises energy level and alertness
- Leads to an enhanced feeling of overall well-being
Did you know that a ten-minute chair massage will help decrease stress and increase productivity in the work place? What a great way to say "thank you" to your employees for their help in making your business successful. Our massage therapists at Sanford Hospital Luverne provide on-site chair massages for local businesses. Please call for details on offering this benefit to your employees.
Massage gift certificates make great gifts!
Purchase your gift certificates from the Sanford Hospital Luverne Rehab Services Department.
A half-hour session is $20; a one-hour session is $33. Hot stone massage is available as a 45-minute session for $33, or a 90-minute session for $55. Payment is required at the time the service is provided. The service is not billed to insurance companies.
The Sanford Hospital Luverne Rehabilitation Services Department is staffed by one of the most experienced rehabilitative teams in the area. Our therapists are held to the highest ethical standards, as they are all members of national professional organizations. The rehab team includes: seven physical therapists, two physical therapy assistants, three occupational therapists, one speech language pathologist, three massage therapists, and four rehabilitation aides.
- (Picture of Amy Rosales, massage therapist - http://sanfordluverne.org/images/contentmgmt/RS_MASSAGE_THERAPY_AMY.jpg) Amy graduated with a certificate in massage therapy from Minnesota West College in 2005. Her areas of special interest are general relaxation, trigger point, deep tissue, infant massage, and carpal tunnel therapy.
- Kristin graduated with a certificate in massage therapy from the Minneapolis School of Massage and Body in 1998. Her areas of special interest are infant massage, sports and injury-related massage, and muscle release technique. Her most recent training is in stone massage.