Pre and Post Baby Classes
Child Birth Classes
Congratulations! You're having a baby! Throughout life, we prepare for the things that really matter. Giving birth is no exception.
Thank you for choosing Sanford Luverne Clinic for your prenatal care. We hope you'll choose to deliver your baby at Sanford Luverne Medical Center. We know there are other choices available; we hope to earn your trust and offer you the best experience possible!
We would like to invite you and your partner/support person to our pre and post baby classes:
- Thinking About a Baby? - Sanford Luverne offers support and information when you are making this important decision. Take a walking tour of our birthing suites, and learn about what to expect during your hospital stay. Registration for this FREE session is encouraged but not required.
- Understanding Birth - Topics we'll discuss in this class are the third trimester of pregnancy, signs of pre-term labor, what to expect during the labor and delivery process, comfort options available, postpartum care and more.
- Understanding Newborns - This class will help you prepare for caring for your new baby at home, feeding him or her, knowing what to do in various situations, and when you should seek your physician's help.
- Big Brother - Big Sister/Parent Refresher Class - If you have older children at home, we recommend they attend our Big Brother - Big Sister Class. We'll help prepare them for the changes they'll experience when their new sibling comes home. In the meantime, "experienced" parents may participate in a brief refresher class to learn about the latest in birthing and comfort options, baby care, etc.
- Understanding Breastfeeding - Learn about breastfeeding process. Taught by Certified Lactation nurse Renee Krosschell, this FREE class features factual, practical research use to provide on information on the benefits of breastfeeding, positioning, and support to promote a positive breastfeeding experience. Support person welcome!
- Infant CPR and Safety - A certified Basic Life Support Instructor gives parents CPR skills and information on choking, SIDS and tips for preventing accidents at home.
- Breastfeeding and the Working Mother - Going back to work/school can be an exciting and stressful time. This FREE class is designed to provide you with the knowledge and tools to continue breastfeeding after returning to work. Whether you are still deciding if you are going back to work, or are already back at it, come visit with other mothers about the transition and get some insight from a Certified Lactation Counselor. We will discuss pumping at work, keeping up your milk supply and storing your milk.
- Luverne's Mom2Mom New Arrival Group - A time to gather with other moms and talk all things baby in a relaxed atmosphere. Get answers to your baby feeding and baby care questions. Renee will be available to answer questions from the perspective of a Certified Lactation Counselor as well as an experienced mother. Bring your little one, we’ll provide refreshments. No appointment needed, just stop in with your baby!
- Baby Gourmet: Baby Food Making 101 - If you’ve ever cooked carrots or sweet potatoes, then you’ve cooked food that’s just right for baby. More nutritious and less expensive than processed baby food, it’s easy to learn techniques for making gourmet meals your little one is sure to enjoy. Join our Sanford registered dietitian for this fun class, offered for $10 per participant. Bring your baby!
Please see the online calendar on the home page of this website for class dates and registration information.